Hello again from the AUSKF Tournament Committee. We are excited to announce we have a date and location for the 2019 AUSKF Jr. Open National Tournament!
Date: Saturday, April 6, 2019
South Forsyth High School
585 Peachtree Pkwy
Cumming, Georgia, 30041
Attached is a PDF with this information and as always we will be hosting a website with information: http://auskf-jrnationals.com/
We ask that you please let your federation members know about this information so they can begin planning.
Cheers and thank you!
– AUSKF Tournament Committee
Attachment: welcome letter (pdf)
Update 12/10/18: Registration Form
Attached is the registration form for the 2019 AUSKF Jr. Open Nationals. The main sheet of the form includes instructions on the registration process and more information can be found on our Info page: https://auskf-jrnationals.com/info
Please forward this info to your federation managers and please return the completed form to us by February 28, 2019 to email@example.com.
Attachment: registration form (xlsx), updated 2/9/19
Update 1/7/19: Hotel Information
Here is some hotel information for those seeking options for accommodations. AUSKF has a room block code with the following hotel:
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Cumming/Johns Creek
3150 Ronald Reagan Blvd, Cumming, GA
Room block code: AUSKF Junior National
Other hotels in the area that can be options:
Hilton Garden Inn
11695 Medlock Bridge Rd, Johns Creek, GA 30097
11505 Medlock Bridge Rd, Duluth, GA 30097
Hilton Garen Inn Express
7146 McGinnis Ferry Rd, Suwanee, GA 30024
Update 2/6/19: Reminder
This is a friendly reminder that the registration for the 2019 AUSKF Jr. Open Nationals is due on February 28th. See details in the 12/10/18 update above.
Update 2/9/19: Registration Form Update
We were recently made aware of an error in the registration form where the date 1/1/2018 was being used as the date for age determination instead of the date 1/1/2019. There are two options to correct this issue:
1) If you have already started inputting data in the previously shared file you can update that file to be correct. Go to the Sheet called Data and update the cell with 1/1/18 to 1/1/19. This will automatically update all ages in the Excel file.
2) Use the updated Excel file: Use the attached Excel file for submission that has this fix applied already.
You can ensure ages are correct when inputting a participant and checking that their age listed is their age as of 1/1/2019.
We apologize for this mistake and thank you for your understanding.
Attachment: registration form (xlsx)
Update 3/5/19: Practice Venue
We have secured a location for practice that is available to all participants.
The venue will be available on Friday April 5th, 2019 from 12:00 PM (noon) to 6:00 PM. The location is: Fowler Park Recreation Center, 4110 Carolene Way, Cumming GA 30040.
This location is about 3.5 miles from the hotel and the tournament venue. Robison Sensei, 4th dan and shinpan for the tournament, will be there from beginning till end, as part of the agreement with the venue.
Update 3/20/19: Important Information and Time Limit Updates
As the date for the tournament approaches we hope everyone in your federation is excited and practicing hard. There is some important information and updates we’d like to share. Please read this email thoroughly and forward it to any relevant individuals in your federation.
1. Payment of Fees – For payments (Grand Total on the Summary sheet of the registration form you submitted) please send a check payable to All United States Kendo Federation and mail to:
1830 Chablis Way
Gonzales, CA 93926
2. Practice Venue – We have secured a practice venue for the Friday before the tournament. The practice venue will be available on Friday April 5th, 2019 from 12:00 PM (noon) to 6:00 PM. The location is: Fowler Park Recreation Center, 4110 Carolene Way, Cumming GA 30040. This location is about 3.5 miles from the hotel and the tournament venue. Robison Sensei, 4th dan and shinpan for the tournament, will be there from beginning till end, as part of the agreement with the venue.
3. Trophy Return – For trophy returns, please either bring them to the tournament venue on the day of the tournament or securely mail (note: we cannot pay for shipping costs) them ASAP to:
20420 Spence Road
Salinas, CA 93908
4. Time Limit Updates – Due to the number of participants in this year’s tournament we have had to adjust time limits for divisions. A PDF is attached that highlights the new time limits. The Shiai Rules linked from our main webpage and Info page have also been updated to reflect these new time limits. Please share this update with participants and coaches so everyone is aware of the new time limits.
5. Brackets Available – Brackets are now available for the preliminary and tournament rounds. They are linked from our main webpage and are available on Google Drive.
6. Tournament Day Venue Opening / Manager Meeting – On the day of the tournament the venue will open at 7 AM and the Manager Meeting will take place at 8 AM at the tournament venue.
Cheers and thank you! Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns.
Update 3/22/19: AUSKF Registration
We will be checking membership status of all participants on April 1st. Please ensure your federation pays 2019 federation membership dues to AUSKF by March 31st.