July 30, 2017
Dear Federation Representatives:
Thank you for your continued support of both the AUSKF Education Committee
and our continued programs. With your help, in 2017 we’ve had great
turnouts for the Mudansha Seminar (February), Women’s Seminar (March), and
will be hosting the AUSKF Summer Camp in August.
Looking forward, we are very excited to welcome Takahiro Nabeyama Sensei
(University of Tsukuba) as our guest for the 2017 8-Dan Tour. Nabeyama
Sensei is a former Team Japan member and 10-time participant in the All
Japan Kendo Championships. As Men’s Coach of the University of Tsukuba, he
has taught Yuya Takenouchi, Susumu Takanabe, and other renown kenshi in
The dates and locations for the 2017 8-Dan Tour are as follow below:
September 12th: New York, NY
September 14th: Dallas, TX
September 16th: Los Angeles, CA
Please save the date! Specific time and locations will be announced in the
Thank you again for your continued support.
AUSKF Education Committee
June 27, 2017
Greetings federation representatives,
First of all, thank you for making the past weekend a success! We appreciate your contributions to the US kendo community and for working with us this weekend. We enjoyed having you all out in Northern California for 4 days of intense competition and look forward to seeing you all again in the future.
Official results are now out and can be viewed:
1. Attached PDFs
Cheers and thank you!
AUSKF Tournament Committee
– Championship results
– Junior Open results
Update 7/19/17: complete brackets are now posted
May 1, 2017
Greetings to the 2017 AUSKF Member Federation Presidents:
On behalf of Tim Yuge, AUSKF Executive Vice-President/2018-2020 AUSKF Board of Directors Election Committee-Chairman; the following information is being provided as notification to the AUSKF member federation presidents, regarding the 2018-20120 AUSKF Board of Directors Election Procedure:
#1. On April 8, 2017, the AUSKF board of directors reviewed the attached [see below] 2018-2020 AUSKF Board of Directors Election Procedure, setting forth the election procedures in accordance with the applicable sections of the AUSKF by-laws.
#2. The initial procedure to be noted is the Record Date: May 13, 2017, which has been set in accordance with the AUSKF by-laws Article VII. Section 10.
#3. The additional 2018-2020 AUSKF Board of Directors Election Procedures, will be implemented, as noted on the attachment referenced in #1. above.
If there are any questions regarding the 2018-2020 AUSKF Board of Directors Election Procedure; please contact: Tim Yuge, AUSKF Executive Vice-President by email: email@example.com
Thank you so much for your attention to the above information.
Norman K. Otani, 2018-2020 AUSKF Board of Directors Election Committee Member for:
Tim Yuge, AUSKF Executuve Vice-President/2018-2020 AUSKF Board of Directors Election Committee-Chairman
P.S. A hard copy of this email and the attachment will be sent by post-mail to the 2017 AUSKF Member Federation Presidents
April 26, 2017
We are pleased to announce that registration for the 2017 AUSKF Iaido seminar and Jodo workshop is now open.
Please use the link below to register yourself by Friday, May 26. You will need your AUSKF ID number to register. If you do not know your AUSKF ID number, please ask your Sensei, your member federation administration, or AUSKF treasurer Yoshida Sensei.
If you do not have an AUSKF ID number, you can register with a temporary number. Directions are on the registration website. If you have previously registered with a temporary number, and cannot recall it, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will send it to you. We prefer that you do not create duplicate records.
For the first time, the AUSKF Iaido seminar will offer a Jodo shinsa, for 1 kyu, 1 dan and 2 dan. You may bring your own partner, who is also testing. Both partners need to register for the test. If you do not have a partner to test with, we will arrange one for you.
If you have questions about the seminar, please contact David Bressler Sensei (email@example.com) or Pam Parker Sensei (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have questions about the registration web site, please contact email@example.com.
Information and registration site:
Updates will be posted there and on the East Coast Iaido Facebook page:
David Bressler and Jonathan Corum
for the 2017 AUSKF Iaido seminar committee
April 23, 2017
Dear Presidents of AUSKF Member Federations,
I would like to explain recent raise of membership dues and fees regarding promotion exams. I greatly appreciate your understanding and continued support to improve Kendo in the United States.
President of AUSKF
Attachment: letter explaining fee changes
April 18, 2017
Dear President & Vice-President of AUSKF Member Federations,
The following is the request from All Japan Kendo Federation. Please inform following information to your members.
* AJKF will not accept application form individually. AUSKF must send all the application forms to AJKF together.
Please be aware of the following Exam Date & AUSKF Deadline of the examinations.
- Email “Foreign Exam Application (Application Request Form)” to Shinobu Maeda (VP Promotion & Examination Committee)..
- Request the president of member federation to email **Recommendation (Renshi, & Kyoshi applicants only) to VP Promotion & Examination prior to the AUSKF Deadline.
This will be the information for the AUSKF President to make the applicant’s Recommendation.
**Conditions for Recommendation for Renshi/Kyoshi
- Presently practice Kendo on a regular basis
- Play a leading role in the Kendo society of your country, possess great judgment and live sound life
- Have attended the official seminars organized by FIK and/or FIK affiliated organizations (including EKF/LAKC)
- Are recognized for having sufficient knowledge of Nippon Kendo Kata, Refereeing, Coaching methods and the competence for Jitsugi that are necessary for Renshi
- The President of the organization can guarantee that you possess such sufficient knowledge and competence
- Have retained the necessary experience in coaching and refereeing
- Live in your country and have been a registered member of your organization for at least 1 year; and will continue to live in your country and be a registered member of your organization at least 1 year from now
- “Application Form for AJKF” will be emailed to the applicants as soon as his/her all Request Form, a copy of current rank, (**Recommendation for Renshi / Kyoshi), and a check are received by VP President of Promotion & Examination.
- “Application Form to AJKF” should be filled and emailed back to the VP Promotion & Examination by the AUSKF Deadline.
- The direction for examination from AJKF will be distributed to each applicants.
- Please follow the direction from AJKF:
- Application request (including copy of Menjo, check, and Renshi/Kyoshi recommendation) due dates to AUSKF:
||Kendo 7 Dan
||Kendo 6 Dan
||Kendo 7 Dan
||Kendo 6 Dan
||Kendo 7 Dan
||Kendo 6 Dan
||Kendo 6 Dan
|Kendo 7 Dan
|Kendo 8 Dan
||Iaido 6, 7 Dan
||Jodo 6, 7 Dan
|Jodo 6, 7 Dan
|Jodo, Iaido, Kendo Renshi
|(Written Test will be held in Tokyo)
VP Promotion and Examination
Attachment: docx version of announcement
April 14, 2017
Congratulations to all who passed the kodansha promotional exam held 4/9/17 in San Jose CA:
Rank Name Federation
5 Dan Scott Chang SCKF
5 Dan Cheng-yu Chen NCKF
5 Dan Dale Hatakeyama NCKF
5 Dan Hidenori Kongo SCKF
5 Dan Jeffrey Marsten PNKF
5 Dan Hitoshi Tanabe NCKF
5 Dan Linda Tanaka NCKF
5 Dan Hiroaki Yano SCKO
5 Dan Suzan Zau SCKF
6 Dan Jason Brown SCKF
6 Dan Dong Jin Huh SCKF
6 Dan Sunmi Lim WKF
6 Dan Taisuke Mori MWKF
6 Dan Shinji Onitsuka NCKF
6 Dan Kijae Song WKF
6 Dan Teruo Tamano SCKO
7 Dan Kevin Abe SCKF
7 Dan Masataka Sakaue SCKF
Renshi Jimmy Eitoku NCKF
Kyoshi Masayasu Ando PNKF
Kyoshi Tetsuo Komizu SWKIF